SilverCare is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Referrals may be made by physicians, counselors, psychologists, social workers, mental health agencies, family members, or friends. The decision to admit is made by a psychiatrist.
Normally patients require psychiatric hospitalization after other inpatient and outpatient treatment modalities have failed and/or patients have complicated medical conditions that cannot be managed in other psychiatric programs. Inpatient stays at SilverCare are acute, individualized, and tailored to help patients return to their baseline as quickly as possible. We will work with the patient and his/her support system to coordinate care following hospitalization. The most common disorders treated are Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Co-Morbid Disorders, Aggressive or challenging behaviors associated with Dementia.
- People ages 55 and older
- Voluntary/ Involuntary Admissions
May Display the following:
- Depression or psychosis not responding to outpatient treatment
- Danger to self or others
- Acute or severe behavioral changes with psychiatric symptoms such as delusions or hallucinations
- Grossly psychotic behavior that threatens safety or welfare (psychosis defined as delusions, extreme agitation, disorganization or hallucinations or other bizarre behaviors)
- Dementia with aggressive behaviors such as hitting, kicking, spitting, agitation, etc.
- Medication Non-compliance, and changes to eating and sleeping pattern due to psychosis
- Medication Non-compliance resulting in symptoms listed above