Latest URMC COVID-19 Information
The Upson Regional Medical Center COVID-19 vaccination scheduling line (for appointments in the Upson Regional Medical Center auditorium) is available at 706-646-5727.
We are also offering the COVID-19 vaccine at the Upson Regional Medical Center Barnesville Medical Office Building (100 Hwy 18 W) and Zebulon Medical Office Building (7171 Hwy 19 S). To schedule an appointment, call 770-872-5015 (Barnesville) and 706-646-5727 (Zebulon).
We will have up to five schedulers at each number taking calls.
We anticipate many more calls than we are able to facilitate. Please be patient with our staff as we work to schedule these appointments at the same time we are taking care of a large number of COVID-19 patients. Thank you for choosing Upson Regional.
Any Georgia resident 16 years and older is eligible to be vaccinated!
April 20, 2021 – From the desk of Jeff Tarrant, CEO of Upson Regional Medical Center
Below is an updated status report on URMC’s COVID-19 plan preparations and implementation as of today. As of the April 19th Georgia Department of Public Health report, 3,401 Upson County residents have tested positive for COVID-19 since inception.
Our virtual visit technology with several provider clinics is available. Please use it if a virtual visit with a physician or advanced practice provider will meet your healthcare needs. To schedule a virtual visit, click here.
Our latest COVID-19 updates include the following:
- Effective February 15, 2021, inpatients will be allowed one visitor from 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- There will be NO visitation for COVID patients or PUI. (Special circumstances apply).
- No overnight stays with the exception of OB & L&D, Peds, and End of Life.
- The front desk will call ICU and speak with nurse for visitation time scheduled.
- The ED will allow one visitor for patients who need assistance.
- There will be NO visitation for SilverCare at the present time.
- There will be no change for outpatient services.
- Anyone wanting to enter the hospital must check in with a greeter at one of our public entrances with the exception of employees, contractors, and other staff who may utilize one of the temperature monitored, name badge controlled entrances.
- Screening is being performed on all who are entering our clinics and offices for exposure history, symptoms, and temperatures.
- Several of our clinic locations offer COVID-19 testing, generally with same day results. These include Upson Family Medical Center Northside, Upson Family Medical Center Southside, Upson Family Physicians Thomaston, Upson Family Physicians Barnesville, Upson Family Physicians Zebulon, and Upson OB/GYN. Appointments are necessary for each location except Northside and Southside Clinics.
- The main entrance will stay open until 6pm for those entering the hospital. The Emergency Department entrance is open 24/7.
- Our wonderful hospital volunteers have returned. Volunteers are following the same safety precautions as employees.
- We are scheduling all surgeries including elective inpatient surgeries.
- Our Cardiac Rehab program is open.
- Our Wellness Center is open to all members except for the medically fragile, who are covered under Governor Brian Kemp’s executive orders requiring shelter in place. Current spacing restrictions and equipment/sanitizing procedures will be continued.
- There is a link accessible on our URMC Home Page that contains real time details of our latest COVID-19 mitigation details.
- Our cleaning schedules have been changed consistent with CDC and other expert guidance.
- Processes in the Cherokee Café have been changed consistent with CDC and other expert guidance.
- Appropriate distancing must be maintained at all times—at least 6 feet apart.
- Isolation masks must be worn when out in public, making sure the mask covers your mouth and nose.
- Precautions to protect others must be taken when coughing or sneezing.
- Hands must be washed frequently, with use of sanitizer foams or gels when unable to wash.
- Minimize gathering in groups particularly if indoors.
Also, a reminder that our clinics are open and absolutely committed to being the resource needed.
The URMC cash price for COVID-19 testing is $115.